Wednesday, November 14, 2007

You Know, That OTHER Guy....


One of the new girls was filling in for the operator just briefly yesterday. She got on the radio and asked "does anyone know if there is a [so-and-so] working here?" She mentioned a name that no one heard of.

Feeling saucy, I answered over the radio "yeah... he's uh... he's hangin' with my buddy Maynard." (This is a throwback to an old, old, Malto-Meal commercial from the 1980's)

Oblivious to my shenanigans, the girl radioed "well, can you tell him that there's a call for him on extension 2280?" I hadn't expected her to take me seriously. After a minute I told her I was only kidding. She was pretty irritated.

The "imaginary friend" routine is always a good one to play. I pulled it off on a substitute teacher in Junior High once. It's always good for a laugh.

No comments: