Sunday, November 25, 2007

I Survived Black Friday.

Figures were much, much better than expected this year, but still not as much as last year. They had a lot of good deals going on, which I would love to have bought some myself, but since I work in retail, guess how much spare money I have floating around.

I asked Rupert how things were with Angel Blue Eyes, "Miss K."

"They're stormy gray, lately. She's been under a lot of stress and has a lot on her mind," said Rupert. I had seen her earlier in the evening yesterday, and yes, they were a stormy gray. She was very busy directing the merchandising setups and ad-sign set ups. Rupert has a thing for mood eyes, and he loves it when "Miss K" goes through changes of color with hers.

I met with my retail buddies, Fred and Cedric, from "Big Blue" and "Big Yellow" respectively. One of the things we talked about was how our managers are always leaving planograms and marketing paperwork lying around the store, for anyone to pick up and take to the competition if they wanted. One of these days some company is going to see some of their campaign work in the hands of a competitor, if their managers don't wise up and watch it.

No comments: