Monday, November 26, 2007

Dead - O - Rama

We had some freezing rain roll into town this evening, so around 8 o'clock or so business just died, and I mean died on the vine. Between 8 and 11 we never had more than two or three guests in the store at any given time. As a result, we all finished our zoning out on the sales floor, and they let us leave early.

As usual, while zoning this evening. I found several cartons of unopened freight that "Mz. Waffleboot's" people stuffed away into the back recesses of the shelves, just to avoid working them. Mz. Waffleboot is always expressing the opinion that the evening sales floor people are lazy, stupid bastards, when the truth is that her own people on the overnights are retarded troglodites. Being the good guy that I am I opened the cases and worked out the freight without a word.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do next with my life. I'm stuck at home during the day watching our kids while my wife is finishing chef school. My job in the evenings is the only employment income we have. I would love to be able to finish school, too, but I just don't know how.

No comments: