Saturday, November 10, 2007

C'est L'amour (#3)


I checked in with my buddy "Rupert" out on the sales floor.

He's still love-sick for "Miss K," one of the team leaders. He really wants to invite her for some coffee in the Starbucks up at the front of the store, just as friends, just to be able to have friendly conversation with her.

I just had to say something to him. "I don't know, bud. She's trying to be a serious career-person. She doesn't need shenanigans from a silly doofus like you. Besides, both of you have obligations."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right. Forget I said anything....." he trails off as he falls into a dream state.

He should be glad he has me, to give him some clear headed advice.

She brought to him some paperwork to go over, regarding some of the merchandising work in the entertainment department. I couldn't help but laugh at him as he drifted away into the clouds while she explained the paperwork to him.

"Ah, Rupert. You're just hopeless."

No comments: