Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I've Got Swampland In Florida To Sell You.

Spokespersons for Nintendo have said that demand for the Wii console has outstripped supply, and that they are doing everything they can to produce more. The thing is, they've been saying that for over a year now.

Here's what I think of all that: Bull #$%&!

I can understand shortages for a few months at first, but for an entire year or more? I'm no expert in manufacturing and logistics, but we're talking about the great and mighty NINTENDO, a company from a world region where consumer electronics are so outrageously mass-produced by sweat shop labor they overflow the world markets. Mp3 players are selling for $20 at Wal-Green's, yet the mighty jugernaut NINTENDO can't manage to contract enough cheap production labor to meet demand for the Wii? I hardly think so. Baloney.

Here's a blogger who says the same thing. [link]

Every day I have to deal with absolutely PATHETIC people who come begging me for a Wii, and get irritated with me when I tell them we are out. I depise these people. Let me repeat that. I despise pathetic loosers who are so tied up with getting a Wii that life isn't worth living for them.

I depise them and their credit cards and their Astin-Martins and Escalades and their Botox lips, coming into my store with their overflowing shopping carts ordering me pull a Wii from out of my arse just because they demand one. I depise their addiction to a product -- a thing, an inanimate object. I despise the pathetic geeks who waste their lives away in front of video games while they loose relationships with the people in their lives and they get fat from lack of exercise.

I despise them all, and I hope they all remain miserable with their materialistic addiction to an artificially scarce product. I hope the Wii shortage continues for as long as NINTENDO can manage to milk it and keep it going.

No comments: