Saturday, November 17, 2007

"Here's Your Sign..."


As this picture indicates, that's basically what I did this morning. All day long I was doing one stupid thing after another. It was frustrating and very embarrassing.

Case in point: the L.O.D. for the day came to my register at the end of her shift, wanting to buy an item. Like a numb-nut I totally ring it wrong, the register freezes, and so I have to complete the sale a second time to get it right. The charge went onto her card twice, so she had to go to Guest Services to get it fixed, because I had several people to help and I wasn't familiar with the "fast-fix" process you can use at the register.

Later in the day, I call for someone in the back room to bring out a TV set that a guest was waiting to purchase. I could have sworn I had seen on my P.D.A. that we had some back there. So I call for a back room person, and none are available at the moment because of lunches. I call several times, and then I drag the L.O.D. out of her office so she can scan-out the item for me (I know how to do it, but as mentioned in previous posts, I'm not allowed to.)

The L.O.D. gets all the way back to where I'm at, looks at my P.D.A., and then points out that it shows there are none in back-stock. I stare at the screen, dumbfounded. Damn. Somebody just hit me with a stupid stick. Again, I felt like a total doofus, and I felt completely embarrassed.

Next, a guest came up to purchase some video games we had on hold for them. I looked all over the camera boat, and couldn't find them. So I went to retrieve some more, with the guest waiting impatiently. After the sale is completed and the guest is gone, I open up the one drawer I hadn't checked, and you guessed it. The guest's games are in there. Damn, again.

I'm still going to make snide remarks about other people's stupidity, of course, because with some of these people it's intentional. Some days, however, I have to hit myself to start thinking straight.

No comments: