Sunday, December 23, 2007

Such Lovely Christmas Spirit


In an earlier post I described customer behavior at Christmas as something akin to pack wolves.

Yesterday, while my coworkers were ringing up guests all lined up at the camera counter, one man accidentally bumped into another man's wife. The two men exchanged words, and almost came to blows.

My coworker told me she wondered whether to call security to kick these morons out, or whether to enjoy the pleasure of watching them beat each other up. I take back what I said earlier about male customers usually being ok. These guys proved me wrong.

Luckily for me, I was at lunch at the time. God was watching over me, I suppose. It only goes to illustrate what I've been saying about the public during the holidays, lest anyone accuse me of allowing my prejudices color my opinion. These people were assholes on their own, independent of anything I said or did.

No comments: