Friday, December 28, 2007

PAZUZU.

I had another one of those funky dreams last night.

I was standing in the middle of the store, watching everyone go about their business. Then I was outside. I saw a black cloud start to appear on the South West horizon. As it approached slowly, the sky got darker and darker.

The ground started to rumble, all sorts of lightning struck, and the winds howled. Lightning struck the building and blew out all the windows and glass. Then, a huge swarm of locusts came out of the black clouds, enveloping and crawling all over everything and everyone inside the store.

The locusts ate every thing that was alive, and I could see half dead people crawling all over the place trying to escape the fire raging through the building while the locusts were feasting upon them. The whole scene was the stuff you'd expect from a William Peter Blatty film.

I suspect the dream came because I had been reading up on ancient Babylonian mythology recently. One particular nasty son-of-a-gun that caught my attention was PAZUZU, the diety of pestilence, plagues, locusts, storms, and the hot desert winds of draught.

No comments: