Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"Ease His Pain...." (#3)

In an earlier post I mentioned having those little moments when everything gets quiet and the universe whispers your destiny to you. It all happens just like they way it does to the character Ray Kinsella, in the movie "Field of Dreams." You know, the one where the voice says "If you build it, they will come....." or it says "Go the distance...." or "Ease his pain..."

Lately I've been having several of those moments. In the midst of all the holiday madness that centers around the entertainment department at work, noise tends to disappear, people start to go in slow motion, and I get flooded with a certain quiet peace.

Lately, the Universal Voice has been telling me that this is going to be my last Christmas working in retail.

Addendum: As of 6:30pm this evening, I am no longer employed.

I made a really stupid mistake, and it cost me my job. As I write this though, there are certain things surrounding the incident which really lead me to believe that they were just ITCHING to find a reason to get rid of me. Once I provided them a reason, gift wrapped on a silver platter, they jumped at the chance in a New York minute.

For all the people there who were anxious to get rid of me, I only have one word to say.

SHANGO.




No comments: