Thursday, December 13, 2007

Death Warmed Over.


Yesterday I called in sick because I've got a monster of a head-cold. They don't like it when we do that, but I was really miserable. Today I don't feel much better, but I'm going to go in anyway, because I need the money and I don't want to get into any more trouble than I already am. I haven't slept well in three days, so I feel like Igor the zombie in this picture, here.

The last few nights we've had ice storms. All over the state there are still people who are without any power. There are a lot of fallen trees all over the place. When I came out of work the other night, there was a solid sheet of ice all the way around the car. Seriously, it was an inch thick. It took me thirty minutes of chipping with the butt end of my box knife just to get to the door and open it.

One thing is for sure. If there is any way I can achieve it, when I retire I'm going to go live in a tropical climate somewhere. I've had enough of this winter stuff.

No comments: