Thursday, March 1, 2007

Time Will "Tell."


I wrote the last post about "Maverick" to set the stage for this one.

This evening I took some time out of my work to assist one of the logistics team members make a bale (ha! take that, Mz. "certification" manager!) throw out the trash, and get caught up on the cardboard pile waiting to be compacted.

Naturally this put me behind on my straightening my zone, but I didn't particularly care because I'm playing a game, as I explained earlier. I got caught up in reasonable time, the Leader On Duty told me we got out on time after close, and all was OK. While I was zoning, one of the guys that people have told me is a total loser came to help me with my zone.

I could tell he did it only because he wanted to chastise me for helping people so much. He told me to mind my own responsibilities. While he tried to mask it as helpful advice, I could tell he was trying to sabotage me -- the logistics person that I had helped is his rival, according to the grapevine.

This guy honestly thought I was that stupid. Of course I know full well never to let charity get in the way of my own work. I learned that straight out of high school. He thought I was too stupid to know that. I thought to myself "I'm way ahead of you there, bub. Eagerness is a game I purposely play, and it paid off. You just revealed to me how much of a looser you are, sucker."

Needless to say, even though I will continue to be cordial and professional to him, I will watch him -- very closely.

No comments: