Thursday, January 10, 2008

Vision Questing


I had another wacky dream, again.

This time, it was a visitation from St. Barbara. She asked me what my troubles were, and I explained all the circumstances of late. She touched me on my shoulder, and said "come with me."

I found myself standing at the front of the building of an employer I used to work for. Saint Barbara told me to look, and I did. There was a bright light of glory in front of the building, and I saw a hand reach out of the bright light. The hand wrote in flames upon the wall of the building, and I read theses words:

"MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN..."

I asked St. Barbara what the words meant. A voice spoke from the bright light, and the ground thundered and rumbled. The voice said:

"This is the meaning of the words: God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it. Thou art weighed in the balance, and art found wanting. Thy kingdom is divided, and given to thine adversaries..."

Then I saw a fire descend from the sky, and it burned up all of the workboots and hiking boots in the shoe department. The fire also destroyed all the flannel shirts in the men's department. I saw throngs of employees walking out of the building, shedding their uniforms, and then walking into other businesses in the area. I heard a loud thunder clap, the ground shook, and a huge crack rent through the whole building. A fierce wind began to blow, and then I saw the building standing empty, lights out, doors shuttered, and the shelves empty. Tumbleweeds blew by.

Then I woke up.

What I really should do is start collecting these in a book of some kind. It just might sell, I think. My buddy Cedric, the "alternative spiritual path" devotee, keeps telling me I should.

No comments: