Thursday, January 24, 2008

Don't Do The Crime, If You Can't Do The Time.

Former Wal Mart executive Tom Coughlin's defense team is trying to delay his sentencing for wire fraud and tax evasion. They say he is in poor health, and can't do time in a prison. They're petitioning for house arrest at home, instead.

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/214546/

The funny thing is that friends of mine who work for Wal Mart say that his portrait in the company newsletters and news videos always showed him at the peak of fitness and virility. Now, as he is being sentenced in Federal court, all of a sudden he has coronary problems and ill health.

It's an interesting "coincidence."

The thing that bothers me is that I get fired over some chicken-scratch infraction, and I have to worry about a roof over my head and food for my children. This clown commits Federal crime, and he thinks he can stay home in his executive size house during his sentence.

I tell you -- sometimes there just ain't no justice.

No comments: