Monday, January 7, 2008

Told Ya So.

In previous posts I've ranted that retail companies are clueless about protecting the privacy of their customers (I will no longer use the word "guests." That, in my opinion, is little more than slimy corporate doublespeak for "cash-cows.")

One particular company I used to work for really prides themselves about their state of the art computerized inventory system that allows floor monkeys (no, I will not say "team members," or "associates,") to rapidly locate items for "cash-cows," I mean, customers. Then that same company lets the Head Cashiers leave boxes of customer's checks lying around the front checklanes, and refuses to do anything about it when a cashier repeatedly warns the security people.

It seems some chickens have come home to roost.

In a recent class action lawsuit, Sears has been accused of violating "consumer fraud" laws by refusing to follow standard privacy safeguard practices for their customers' information.

Read about it in this article at Yahoo! News. [link]

Of course, what do I know? I'm just a stupid peon, I don't have one 'o dem high fangled HAH-vard bidness ed-you-ma-kay-shens.

No comments: