Monday, January 21, 2008

Something Dark This Way Comes.


I had another one of those wacky dreams. This one was fairly short. I was standing where two main aisles meet at a corner, in the soft-lines department at my old job, in front of the operator's station.

I saw a wisp of dark black fog descend from above, and it formed into a figure clothed in tattered black swaths, whose face was hidden behind a dark shadow within the covering. The figure held a large, gleaming sword, standing there silent and motionless.

A breeze started to blow. Clothes rustled and billowed on the racks, and the ground rumbled slightly. Then all fell silent, and the lights started to go out.

That's all I remember.

I found another job, but I will only go so far as to say that it is in the food service industry. I intend to set my sights higher, and keep looking for something in a more professional environment.

Here's something interesting: a co-worker at my new job runs a business of his own on the side, just like the co-worker I had at Target. If one considers the principle of "synchroncity" as proposed by Carl Jung, this might be a sign -- an indication by the Universe where my destiny lies.

No comments: