Saturday, February 2, 2008

Waste Not, Want Not.

Because I have heavy allergies that bother me often, I frequently have to blow my nose. Tissue just does not work for me, because I can go through so much, so I have a large supply of cloths that I have cut up out of old shirts, to use as hankies. When I've gone through them all, I launder them in hot water and heavy bleach, and re-use them.

I mention this sordid little detail for a reason.

Earlier this evening, my wife came across a work shirt with the logo of a former employer on it. It's from a certain dollar-store chain that is headquartered in one of the Mid Atlantic states. She asked me what I wanted to do with the shirt.

"What do you THINK I want to do with it?" I chided her.

"Snot rags?" she asked.

"HELL YEAH, snot rags. What other good use is there for that piece of trash?"

So, I took a pair of old scissors and cut up the shirt with reckless abandon. I made especially sure to drop the company logo into the trash with a wide flourish. Now I have several new hankies to add to my collection. I shall thoroughly relish blowing my nose into them.

No comments: