Monday, October 1, 2007

Zombie Retail Workers, News at 11 (part 2)


I've been battling a bad flu for close to three weeks now. I need to go to the doctor, but I work in retail, so that's obviously out of the question. (The company sent me a sign-up package for insurance -- yeah, like I can afford the premiums after I support my four kids. I don't get paid like the stuffed shirt college preppy executives who sit in their leather chairs, look at our numbers, and hand down rulings and reprimands without the slightest clue of what we have to deal with on the sales floor.)

I really have a difficult time working. Most days I'm totally exhausted from lack of sleep at night, because I can't breathe. Cold medicines don't even touch it. My face is ashen and pale, my eyes have huge rings around them -- I look absolutely ridiculous. Straight out of the movies.

Today I fell asleep while standing behind the camera counter. I've been gulping down a steady stream of Echinacea, vitamin C, chicken soup, and orange juice. I'm just going to have to try to sleep more, and take long steaming showers. Soon I will go speak with The Elders, and ask them for an Anointing.

I'm hoping this won't develop into pneumonia like it once did a few years ago. In which case, I'll have to go to an emergency room for X-rays and industrial strength antibiotics. I don't relish the thought. Half the time antibiotics make me feel worse than what they're curing.

As the Navajo say, when one is lost and can't find the way, turn within. I'm going to have to take some time and do some serious spiritual journeying, and perform a Cleansing. Then, I will try to ascertain whether or not I am the target of any directed spiritual malevolence. If that is indeed the case, then we'll see how this plays out, after I get done with what I can do.


[Numbers chap 21, vs 6-9]

"He who hath ears to hear, let him hear."



No comments: