Wednesday, October 3, 2007

This Place Is A Pain...


The other night at work I stood up from a squatting position as I was zoning the shelves in the toy department. As I did so, I stepped wrong with my left leg, and as a result for the past several days my leg has been hurting, sometimes awfully, in the shin area, deep into the bone. It's really sore and the bone is tender. At the end of my shift it can become excruciating at times, such that I can't even walk. The weird thing is that once I get home, the pain goes away and I can walk.

Here's the interesting part -- last night I dreamed that Sherlock Holmes spoke to me. He said "look alive, Watson! there's dirty work afoot!" (the pun obviously a Freudian symbol) Then I saw a vision of a certain co-worker I've always had trouble with. I saw her holding a voodoo doll with my name on it. She stabbed the left leg with a huge pin, and stuffed cotton into the little mouth (probably referring to the cold I've been trying to shake for two weeks.)

This vision changed to a scene in a deep forest under a full moon, where I was standing in the center of a circle of huge stones. A big man came from out of the forest, and told me his name was "Grand Bay-wah" He wore a big coat and a Masonic Apron. He struck his staff upon the ground, thunder rumbled, and I started to hear the problematic coworker screaming, smoking, shrinking, and disappearing into the ground, just like the witch in The Wizard of Oz.

I woke up and I thought to myself "jeez man, can this get any weirder?"

No comments: