Monday, February 12, 2007

Back And Forth.

I spent all night going back and forth to the check lanes answering calls for back-up cashiers. It really made me angry. I'd get up there and they wouldn't need me or I'd check out maybe one customer. Then no sooner would I get back to my zone they'd call again, before I could even pick up an item to work on it. I couldn't get a damn thing done.

"Oh, we'll help you," they promised. The cashiers who came to help me zone after closing did a half-assed job and the place barely looked like anything was done with it. I was so mad.

None of the other people on the sales floor would answer the calls because they all knew I would. I don't dare ignore the calls because if the floor people don't answer the split second the calls go out, the management yells at us over the walkie. I'm really getting tired of that little game.

That's not effective management.

That's "holler-until-somebody-does-something-to-get-you-off-their-back" motivation, without any care as to what TRULY needs to be done to solve the problem. I despise management like that. Holler like a banshee, rather than research the problem, create solutions, provide leadership, and foster teamwork.

No comments: