Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mr. Roboto.


This evening, after closing time, I was joking around with someone over the walkie. Naturally, a humorless, uptight member of management took me to task over it. Last I recall, in its own mission statement the company says they want to foster a "fast, fun, and friendly" work environment. I see now that's all just mere hypocrisy, like the window dressing lip-service most companies give to environmentalism or fair labor practices in their third world suppliers.

This is the last time. From now on, no more joking from me. I'm tired of all the stick-up-their-back people who complain about my joking, then get away with worse stuff than me. From now on, I'm just going to go to work, get my stuff done, say nothing, smile to no one, and go home. I shall be as emotionless as a robot.

No comments: