Monday, April 30, 2007

I Am Locutus, of Borg.

Digging around in the supply closet where they keep the PDT scanners and the walkies, I found the ear clip head-sets that go with them. So, I kyped one, attached it to my walkie, put the ear piece in, and adjusted the mini mike boom. I was good to go.

I wore the headset all during my shifts the last two days. Of course, I looked absolutely ridiculous. It didn't matter, because I was having fun with it. Customers looked at me oddly when I answered walkie calls as if I was talking to someone who wasn't there.

I'd go around pointing my PDT scanner at co-workers, fingering my head set, and pronouncing "I am Locutus, of Borg! Resistance is futile!" Sadly, only the Star Trek fans on the crew knew what character I was talking about, everyone else just thought I was being crazy as usual.

No comments: