Friday, August 24, 2007

S. S. D. D. (Same @#$% Different Day)

Naturally, they made me waste my time today completing tasks that should have been finished by the day people before the evening shift got there. Little miss "Suzie Q," who is nothing more than an Equal Opportunity token, was on a rampage of "stand and point" management, as usual. I had to answer continual calls for back-up to the front lanes, I had to watch the camera counter for "W"s lunch, and I had to entirely re-set an endcap. All of which I don't mind, but if they want me to finish my zone before the end of the night, they need to allow me some time to do it.

I was not able to start my zone until 9 o'clock. Of course Chris, whose mouth is big enough for my to place my foot firmly within, did nothing about gripe and moan about how he had to come help me finish my zone, and about all the returns I still had left to do. I called the Hardlines team leader over and I told him that if Chris didn't shut up on his own, I would do it for him.

In addition to that, I've been seeing several people in the store get promoted, and I'm still stuck in the same position I started in, even though I've really bent over backwards to try and do the best job that I can, the whole time I've been there. The last time I applied for an opening, I had to interview with four different people, and they never got back to me to tell me yes or no. The left me hanging there like a complete idiot, all the while the whole store was gossiping like a ladies' tea club about my effort to get the position. All the other contenders for the position have since left the company, and I'm the only one remaining that I know of who had expressed any interest in it, yet still nothing.

They've been making perform the duties of the position more and more, as much as three or four shifts out of the week, yet I still have no title or any increase in pay. If they don't want me, that's fine and I can accept that. What I don't like is being made to perform the duties of the position without any recognition. THAT really pisses me off.

As the old Navajo proverb says, when one is lost and can't find the way, turn within. It's high time I dusted off my B.O.S. and consulted The Akashic Records. We'll see what the Universal Forces of Justice have to say about all this.

No comments: