Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Addendum

In my previous post I discussed the promotion situation at the store, and my decision to leave. Here's a tactical consideration. Any promotion that I may happen to get, by luck or by brown-nose, will inevitably place me in a position that will require closer proximity to "Mz. Waffleboot."

Because the company adores the results she delivers, not to mention the fact that I doubt any corporate executive wants her arrogant, abrasive keister anywhere near them, I suspect she's not going to be going anywhere else any time soon. Since I absolutely detest the person, just like over half the store does, my only choice is to leave and go elsewhere, if I want to make any professional progress.

That being said, I now have to set about the task of rebuilding a decent resume, and start my campaigning. That's going to take some time, given the fact that when I left the bank I worked at earlier, it wasn't on pleasant terms. Finding a bank company who is willing to look past all the libel and slander from that former employer is going to be a challenge. If I had time and money, I'd take them to court, but I have neither so I have to focus instead upon selling myself.

No comments: